TORONTO – Below are the 107th Grey Cup playoff scenarios for Week 18:
Montreal Loss OR Tie = Hamilton clinches first place in the division and earns the right to host the Eastern Final on November 17
- Hamilton holds 24 points and is on a bye week with three games remaining. Montreal has 16 points with four matches left in its schedule and must win in order to have a chance at equaling the Tiger-Cats in terms of points. Four Montreal wins to close the season, including a Week 20 game against the Tiger-Cats, coupled with three Hamilton losses, would result in Montreal winning the East Division.
Edmonton Win OR Tie = Edmonton earns a playoff berth via crossover
- The Eskimos will clinch the final playoff spot if they can earn at least one point against BC on Saturday. While a tie allows for the possibility of the two teams finishing the season with the same number of points, Edmonton owns the tie-breaker after having taken the season series. The Eskimos earning a point will also ensure a crossover due to Ottawa and Toronto’s inability to earn more than 14 points.
- Calgary clinched its 15th consecutive playoff appearance in Week 15.
- Winnipeg secured its fourth straight spot in the post-season in Week 15.
- Hamilton locked-up a home playoff date for a second year-in-a-row in Week 15.
- Saskatchewan claimed a post-season berth for the third consecutive year in Week 16.
- Montreal will play in the post-season for the first time since 2014 after a win in Week 17.
If the fourth-place team in division A has more points than the third-place team in division B (they cannot be tied), it will cross over and take the place of the third-place team in division B. The team which crossed over will then complete against the second-place team in division B.